9/2015 – PRESENT: “Architectural-Based Speculative Analysis to Predict Bugs in a Software System” – Software Architectural Research Group, USC
- Used implicit problems, e.g., architectural- and code-smells, in combination with explicit problems, e.g. reported issues and bugs, to provide an accurate, systematic and in-depth approach to predict potential system problems, particularly bugs
- Reversed architectures of over 800 versions of 23 open-source systems, totaling over 120 MLOCs.
- Found evolution trends related to architectural changes in software systems, rate of architectural decay occurrences, correlations among implementation
decisions and architectural changes.
3/2011-8/2012: “VULCAL Workbench“, Software Engineering Lab – POSTECH.
Vulcan Workbench is a set of tools, which uses Eclipse as an integrated environment to form a complete working environment for Software Product Line Engineering. I am working on VULCAN: Domain Analyzer, and was in charge of the following functions:
- Feature model reverse engineering
- Feature-macro mapping
- Feature implication graph view
- Structural comparing of two feature models
12/2009-6/2010: “CloudStudio IDE“– ETH Zurich
This project is also my BSc thesis which focuses on a fact that today’s software production is increasingly distributed. However, software tools have not kept up; they provide little if any support for this new reality of software development
- CloudStudio project develops an Integrated software Development Environment (IDE) enabling distributed projects to produce software “on the cloud”
- In the initial version that I has developed, CloudStudio IDE supports collaborative development of Eiffel language with the following functions: project management, coding, compilation and group communication